Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR) and Representative Ritchie Torres (D-NY) are circulating a "Dear Colleague" Letter urging congressional leaders to include the HoUSed campaign's top priorities in any infrastructure package:
- A major expansion of Housing Choice Vouchers to pave the way toward universal rental assistance for all eligible households;
- $70 billion to repair and preserve public housing for current and future generations; and
- $45 billion for the national Housing Trust Fund to build and preserve new homes affordable to America's lowest-income and most marginalized households.
Please email and call your members of Congress today and ask them to sign onto this Dear Colleague letter to show their support for including these top priorities!
- To email your members of Congress: Fill out the form below to identify your members of Congress and personalize the email template below. A personal perspective or connection to the issue is always more effective.
- To call your members of Congress: Click here for a call script and the phone number for the Capitol switchboard to reach your members' offices.
- Questions or feedback? Contact your NLIHC housing advocacy organizer if you have questions or to let us know what you hear back! Find your organizer here.